Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 08:30 PM   #29
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
True but this is the way I looked it:

A). Anything is better than nothing. I really did plan on this upgrade (more darn money out the window ) but it was the only thing that was PITA (Sometimes) at the campsite plus ....my wife dont like to help with this part of the setup (Me Driving back and forth on block - her moving them etc) PLUS she loves the fact the RV dont bounce around when I go in and out of the RV etc. So im glad I did this upgrade.

B). When you read "Auto Function" on leveler jacks about half (maybe more) on this forum say "Dont use the auto function". From what I gather is the levelers (the Factory OEM system... not Big foot) wont level at all (or correctly) if its much out of level. AND / OR when it Auto levels its much higher up than needed so they rather keep it lower (Safer plus not such a large step inside the RV). So many use the manual function anyway....why bother for the auto funtion to begin with?

The BF Platium system will deploy all 4 jacks at once (well front two hit ground first but dont really lift until all 4 are down) when you press start (it will Stabilize RV plus prevents frame twist) then you just push the TWO front or TWO sides buttons (whatever is needed) at the same time to finish leveling. Takes 3 - 5 minutes total and your done.

I put one or two blocks under all the jack pads and if its much out of level I have gone up to 5 block before (Double wide block for more stability) in the front only. Never lift the rear drive tires totaly off the ground (RV may roll = causes jacks to buckle + can hurt someone).

I hope this help you make up your mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5102.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	17373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5234.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	17374  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5235.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	17375   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5140.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	17376  

2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum