Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 10:12 PM   #1
JimOIB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Thor factory tour

I took the Thor factory tour at Plant 650 today. There were only four of us on the tour which was great for soaking in information. We saw the assembly of class C from start to finish. HUGE bonus for me is we saw the 2020 FW 24F in every stage of production. I have the 2017 24F so I now has a greater appreciation of how my coach is put together sans the three years of upgrades. (Sigh)

I worked in the defense sector and have been to my share of assembly plants albeit tanks, planes, ships. I must say I have a new found respect for Thor and their class C products.

The major piece parts that make up the coach - chassis, walls, roof, slides are put together very well. That was what I was really interested in.

The assembly of the major parts was interesting and I must say Thor took a lot of time to figure this out, especially the roof.

I have a lot of details about my coach that I would have never figured out without taking the tour. However, being a first model year owner brings risk of kinks not being worked out.

If you haven’t gone on a tour then you are missing the experience of how your coach was built and how it ticks.

Shout out to our tour guide today - he took the time to answer our questions and show us first hand how things we put together. With just 4 of us it seemed a bit more intimate plus he knew we were 24F owners.

Only sad part is the tour guide wouldn’t let us trade up on the spot - SWMBO wants the 2020 24F.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.