Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 03:20 PM   #67
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
You know i been on the fence on this "Drill less" vs. "drilling" mounts for solar panels for some time. Just when I decide on one ....someone changes my mind.

I guess I should look at it like this.....Do the drill less now.... and if I see any of them loosing up (over time) or tugging too much on the TPO roof (Stretching the liner - making wringles in the materal around the mounts) then I can always put one screw per a mounting locaton to stiffen it up... So its NOT like I have to re-do everything and be upset I picked the wrong mounting method for my RV.

Taylor Bob... Have you done any High Speed tests on the interstate yet? Can you hear anything moving around.... Is the TPO roof stretching at all?

Would putting Eternabond tape around the mounts reinforce the TPO? Maybe put the tape UNDER the mounts before they are glued down? What do you guys think?
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum