Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Steps Failed
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 10:25 PM   #1
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Steps Failed

I picked up my Miramar after having the oil changed and discovered the steps fail to operate. It appears the motor has simply stopped. It is a mostly closed position with the steps up but they do hang loose...about 2 inches from being all the way to the up position.

There is power to the area because there is a light under the step that is on when the door is open.

They did operate slowly a couple of times this winter so I lubricated them. Also, one time they didn't come down when I opened the door. I climbed in, started the motorhome, opened the door and they worked so I thought the battery was just low.

I assume now the motor must have a dead spot and probably needs to be replaced.

Any thoughts? How hard is this to do? I do have extended warranty insurance but It may cost more in fuel then what I'd spend to just do it myself. The dealer is 150 miles round trip.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.