Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 12:30 AM   #22
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish and Dear View Post
Ok...whatever you say. I'm not gonna argue. But I do not the Wi-Fi Ranger creates a secure network for the coach. Log into it and then into the campground Wi-Fi. It's a secure connection at the coach. But if you see it differently so be it. Everyone knows better than I
I only know because of reading about it. Cyber Security is going to get bigger and bigger every year. Just Google “is a campgrounds WiFi safe”. This way you do not need to take my word for it. I have a WiFi Ranger Go AC. If you activate safe surf on your control panel, that is like using a VPN. So WiFi Ranger tells me.
It is all about levels of encryption. If the campgrounds WiFi has been hacked or infected and you connect to it. Would you not think that you are at risk? Hackers broadcast false networks to get people to log onto them to get your information. Example, you are at a KOA. You could change your networks name to KOA, and no one would know that it’s your network. I just try to be really safe as I want to keep my information as safe as I can. I am sorry that you think that everyone knows better then you and that you feel that you have to argue to talk about something. I am glad that you are up and streaming. Safe travels.
Thanks for your service.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum