Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 03:43 AM   #1
JJMON

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Minnesota
THOR #14057
Second Journey and Issues

Long post on the way,,,

We learned something on our second journey the past couple of days. A short two night stay in Waterloo CG leaving home base on Thursday. Very warm and sunny , 80’s. We get to the CG and took longer than it should to get checked in and get our site (#13 should give you a clue as to direction this is going) Pull into site and prepare for setting up. Hook up shore power, then level. This is where it starts. Hit the auto level and it was doing it’s thing, but taking longer than normal, then a loud bang and leveling stopped? WTH? Look and both rear wheels are off the ground at least 2” and right front jack half lowered. Leveling system panel says Low Voltage. Turn off/on same message. Get manual out for system, not much help. Called support and got a very helpful/patient support rep. Troubleshooting begins, asks if I have a multi meter, yessir. Checking various voltage here and there etc, me crawling under rig (I’m 60+ it’s hot and getting dizzy) finally figure no voltage going to hydraulic jack controller. So something between batteries and controller. Apparently there is normally a fused breaker between batteries and controller. Crawling again under MH and finally saw what would it be. Read off the numbers etc from it and tech guy google it as did DW (who BTW was a ‘huge’ help during this’ I crawled out from under and looked at the images google came back with and I spotted the exact breaker. Closer look at the image showed a reset lever which I saw underneath but couldn’t tell because of lighting and being upside down. Crawled underneath again and flipped it back and clicked. System is now operational again. Yay! Retracted jacks and trie auto level again,,,better but rears lifter of ground again, not as much. Retracted and tech advised manual level. We said goodbye and did a manual level for first time and turned out very close. Next slide out. Nope, went out an inch stopped. Retracted and waited for a minute and try slide out again, same deal. Another WTH. Called CG office and requested new site and they said you can move here or here. Moved to new site. Auto level was a success. Yay, run slide out. Nope same deal. Decided not to deal with it anymore as it was much past beer thirty. Well we aren’t really level by sighting things and with my level. Sounds like we need to rehome level. Will do this back home. Any rate we had tight conditions with no slide out and being inside all of Friday as it was cold and raining all day. It did quit for awhile to at least cook some brats on grill for dinner. We survived.
FMCA F496287
JJMON is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.