Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 04:59 PM   #4
abjbrtd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Read the owner's manual again a bit more carefully: Tow with 4-wheels down in neutral. On a dolly in park (it actually will probably say on a dolly according to the dolly manufacturer's instructions). Yup, owner's manual page 223:

When we had our C-Max Energi (different car same powertrain, however) we always towed it on our Acme dolly in park with no ABS issues at all (I believe the ABS gets upset because it notices that the rear wheel positions have changed with respect to the fronts and it freaks out--a couple key cycles and its happy again. Had the same issue when I towed our Focus Electric; that traction control was not happy about that at all!).

Towed the C-Max a few thousand miles before the lease was up.
Attachment 17501
That's the way we towed our CMax hybrid, brake off/in park/ fob off and in my pocket for the a couple of trips.

To answer the OP question. "What is the right way to tow?"

4 down
The CMax was a total pleasure to flat tow... setup/tow/UNsetup, unlike our currant toad!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum