Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 04:30 PM   #20
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
it actually goes to slushy mess, never freezes and as all RV antifreeze in non toxic, and once you run the ice maker for a couple of days, the water and system are fine. I'm not sold on the air pressure to the Ice maker - did use that method of winterizing my 5th wheel, but didn't have an Ice maker. Washer was the same type issue, got pink wash water. As I had to have to have a leaking the Ice Maker fixed this year, my guess is that the previous owner did not do a proper job.
I am just curious as to your issue with the air system of cleaning all the lines for winterizing. I just pulled mine out of storage and got it ready to travel. I've used the air pressure system for the last 4 seasons and it works great.

As I said, the last thing I do is the ice maker by just letting it run through several cycles. I set the pressure on the compressor to 45 pounds and leave it connected until I'm done.

I like the idea of nothing EVER in my water lines but water or air. Nothing to flush out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum