Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 04:44 PM   #7
Metalman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
I agree with Altonymous that the V-10 revs high between shifts. The first time I drove the RV, which is quite short at 28 feet and it was totally empt, I was surprised that it shifted at such a high RPM. I understand that the engine and transmission are set up for those shift points, but nevertheless I was, and still am a bit uncomfortable about it. I tried releasing the the throttle to encourage the transmission to upshift sooner, but interestingly, according to my Scangauge upshifting didn't increase my instantaneous fuel mileage.

Also, in the tow mode, whenever going down hill or coasting and the brake is applied, the transmission downshifts and the engine really revs. Now when slowing, I take the transmission out of tow mode unless I need considerable engine braking. There are so many times that I wish for a standard transmission so I can dictate shifting speed/rpm.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.