Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #14
pmbreaux

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34J Windsport
State: Louisiana
THOR #15123
Well, the mods continue...

Dog House Insulation

Order Kilmat from Amazon and installed on Dog House Sunday afternoon, made a big difference in sound and heat. I installed over the insulation as it was coming apart in small pieces when trying to remove. Will be doing under floor area this coming weekend. Should me a lot better.

I know I'm not the only one who has fought with the damned bolts to hold down the Dog House...but I have a solution. I will be installing studs to easier align to install and raise up / down to put a capped nut on end to bolt down...

Window Tint

ALSO...I've seen many threads and comments about stopping heat transfer into MH from outside and fought with the idea of Foil material hanging out to stop heat...WELL, I found my fix. My local Tint Guy sold me on some Ceramic Tint that block 99% UV and also infared heat. We installed Limo Tint on all windows except bottom fronts. Still same Ceramic tint, but legal color, now the wife can ride in front seat on a afternoon drive to camp.

Had all tint done and name for rear window for $620.00.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dog house before.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	17565   Click image for larger version

Name:	dog house done.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	17566  

Click image for larger version

Name:	tinted windows.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	17567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear name.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	17568  

2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie
pmbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.