Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 02:03 AM   #11
Delco Bobby

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by goliver22 View Post
We are halfway into our first trip covering 5000 miles. The Ford F550 cab exceeds my expectations as to power, mileage, and ease of driving.

I cannot say the same for the house portion. First off, a major feature of the Magnitude is the skylight in the bunk over the cab. On the first day of the trip, we hit rain and a major leak developed along the passenger side of the skylight. When we got to the first campground that night, the maintenance man came to our site after his shift and laid sealant along the leaking side. It was night time, he had only limited sealant, and the job wasn't pretty but it worked as we went through an Oklahoma storm the next day and stayed perfectly dry. In the Navy that repair would called Damage Control. Called the dealer the next day and was told it shouldn't have external sealant as it is installed in a manner similar to an automotive windshield. Nice concept but poorly executed. Further leaking developed and I had the entire window sealed at our destination.

Other issues: step lockout function does not work, furnace outlets in the bathrooms do not throw heat while others in the coach do, the half-bath toliet had a major leak and the valve had to be replaced, and finally the house door will not latch correctly. The dealer says it needs to be slammed very, very hard but even that does not yield consistent results. The "bolt" which the door latch captures looks to be misaligned: off axis to where it should be and the surrounding frame looks to be deformed.

The coach has potential; the Ford cab makes this the most enjoyable motorhome, out of the four we have owned, to drive. Thor just didn't follow through with adequate attention to detail and quality control when they built the unit. H
I am curious about the roominess of the 550 cab. When I looked at 350 and 450 class C motorhomes the cab was too small and cramped for me.

Is the 550 similar to its little siblings?

I haven't been able to see one yet.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.