Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #11
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
The scenario you just described is exactly my fear. I'd be out there, breaking my neck, throwing things, cursing, and saying "I hate camping!!!" That's not what I want this to be for us.

Confused by your last sentence. Are you saying "Platinum" and if so, how will that save me money?
Yes, it got to where I dreaded showing up at a campground I never been to before. Sometimes they are nice and sometimes the only spot left for me is sloped bad and covered with stones.

The Big Foot Platinum is the entry level model (Cheaper price). One hydraulic pump vs 4 pumps (but it works fine) but no "AUTO" level function. Look at BF website and they have videos on the lift kits. Plus a few youtubes showing class C with BF system.

IMO the AUTO is not needed. So what if you have to spend "one or two Minutes" making it level by pushing a button or two. Better than not having the system at all (IMO).

My knees are not what they use to be and my wife does not like to help me with this block leveling (She has bad back sometimes) and she is scared I will shoot the blocks out (that happened one time) or that I will go too far and fall off the blocks and cause damage.

Plus you can raise the RV up to check the conditons of the tires (esp the front) and even change a flat tire (but use a jack stand to be safe).

I have 4 sets of camco yellow blocks and ran out before I was fully level TWICE now.

I sometimes pick some old camp sites on top of lakes or trails that are not paved at all. Plus I mtn bike and go to trail heads that are un level - and my wife will wait in the RV. So its nice to level out for her and my shower when I come back all sweaty and muddy.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.