Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 08:52 PM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Interesting -I travel with my 50 gallon fresh water tank full. It is suspended from the coach floor by a steel strap to allow heat to keep the tank warm in winter. When I went to winterize the coach after a year of traveling (11,000 miles), I found the strap ends bent allowing the tank to fall to the floor. Fortunately the PEX tubing and tank were not damaged. I removed the four self-tapping sheet metal screws and bent the steel strap back into position. Upon, checking the tank after a torturous trip through Louisiana on I- 10 next year, I found the strap bent again and was on the very edge of the tank. One more time I removed the strap and welded reinforcements on each end of the strap. I also ran a length of safety wire from the strap back to the frame to keep it from slipping off the tank. Two years later no more problems It seems the potholes and broken pavement with 415 lbs of water is too much for Thor plant 750 engineering team to plan for.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum