Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 11:06 PM   #4301
dave.irwin.59@gmail.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #11774
Major Week of Mod’s and Repairs

Spending a week in Hilton Head were we keep our rig. I have been planning and ordering parts for weeks in preparation.

Today was A/C day.
- replaced a defective control board (12v relay for the fan burned out). Thor sent me a new one under warranty. It was a quick 15 repair.

- I noticed that the foam partition between the cold (output) and warm (intake) had gaps allowing cold air to pass directly into the return. Sealed with metal duct tape.

- replaced both thermostats with Honeywell residential units that are programable. I was going to use a WIFI unit but found these two units at a discount store for $3 each, so I could not pass them up. I will probably still replace one of the with a WIFI unit in the future.

Tomorrows list is mostly outside items.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1884.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	17655

Name:	IMG_1888.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	17656

Name:	IMG_1892.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	17657

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum