Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 01:01 PM   #39
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by petcar View Post
I used a flanged inlet shown, in pic, thru side wall. Wired with romex to a duplex in galley. 20 amp at Supply Stanton at RV park has breaker. Peter

I used one of these same 'male' plug ends to add a secondary 15/20amp circuit from an outside power source... meaning that having another incoming power line, such as from the 15/20amp GFCI plug-in at campground or rv parks, gives me the ability to run a heater, or set of fans, or other device or appliance WITHOUT going thru my Main Breaker panel, otherwise providing not only more 'power', but also the ability to bypass tripping breakers when trying to use too much in the hot summer, or cold winter, months.

I suggest using a chase, hole, or otherwise similar place where you already have incoming wires, water lines, or coax cables into the coach. Usually every RV has many options for bringing in other lines... even thru slide room seals, or by installing simple 'cable hatch' outlets in your storage floor, etc.
If you design it the easy way, you really just want the ability to attach an extension cord between the 15/20amp outlet and your RV - you don't want to try to create a whole 'nother 'shore power cord' just for this situation.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum