Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 07:33 PM   #15
tmshih

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: California
THOR #2485
I purchased a 2016 Vegas 24.1 last month and just took it out for a shakedown cruise up to Cape Cod for several days. It was great fun and we really love the spaciousness of the unit and utility of the new bathroom doors. There are a few observations I'd like to make.

The edges of the hubcaps are very sharp and ended up making the hands of both myself and the RV demonstrator at the dealer a bloody mess when we tried to unscrew the caps to the valve stems. I plan to use a bit of sandpaper to take the edge out.

When you swivel the dump outlet down there is a round ring with a screw cap that is removable to allow you to connect the sewer hose from beneath. Unfortunately, the ring is attached with wood screws with sharp points sticking down underneath the compartment and I ended up poking and scraping through my gloved hands while reaching down to attach the hose (not fun to mix bloody cuts with sewer contents). I plan to remove these screws and replace them with something finger friendly.

The foam insulation strips on my front passenger side window unstick and droop down when the weather is hot. I noticed this happening with another unit I looked at before I bought this one so the stickiness of the strip isn't strong enough.

So watch out for your fingers when you reach around the wheels and the dump compartment.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum