Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 06:38 PM   #1
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
I just wondered if any other AXIS/VEGAS owners had this issue.

I have had this issue since we bought the coach of "damp" conditions in the outside storage compartment next to the door, under the kitchen window.

We took it back to the dealer twice. They made "adjustments" but the conditions persist.

If you look inside you see condensation on the roof and walls of the compartment eventually pooling on the floor of said compartment. There are no seeable cracks in the poly resin of the compartment that it is made of.

I have tried the "put a light" in the compartment at night and look for "light leaks" and have seen nothing. I have tried to shoot water at the closed compartment and see no water at the end of the test.

I just obtained the construction drawings from THOR (to enable me to drill holes through the floor and miss the steel beams) I noticed that there is a 3 x 1.5 inch steel tube right next to a 1.5 X 1.5 tube. This would give 4.5 inches of steel with no foam insulation above the poly compartment. I am not sure if this would conduct the coolness of the coach A/C causing the condensation or not.

However, if this WAS the case, I figured that I wouldn't be the only AXIS/VEGAS owner with the problem. Anyone else have this issue? All my other compartments are dry...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.