Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 06:39 PM   #20
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana&Kerry View Post
While I was entering my post, my wife googled it. This sounds like a common problem.

I might just use the manual leveling procedure that is in the manual for now.

I looked at the battery compartment and I think I could easily install a third battery.
First of all, the leveling system uses both the chassis battery and the house batteries for operation. The engine should be running, parking brake set and both battery banks charged to a medium level or better (80% of charge). The computer expects to see 13.7 volts from the chassis battery and 12.0 volts from the house batteries. Anything less will show a low battery alarm and not operate in auto mode. In manual mode, you only need 11.2 volts from each set of batteries. If your batteries are low from dry camping, you should start the generator, coach engine and allow 10 minutes or so for the batteries to take a bulk charge before operating the leveling system.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.