Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
tbl5142

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: RW28
State: Florida
THOR #12200
Gen Primer is on when temp is below 70 Degrees

We have an interesting situation here.

We have a 2018 Quantum RW28, the Generator Primer kicks on when the temperature is below 70 degrees. The RV aka La Tortuga II, does not have an Auto Gen Start.

It has gone to the dealer, they replaced the wiring harness from the Generator to the inside Start Switch, the problem continues. I disconnect the wiring harness from the Generator and the problem stops.

Does not matter if the shore cord is plugged in or not, does not matter if the coach main battery power switch is on or off.

The dealer is trying to figure it out, Thor says its an Onan problem, Onan sys its a Thor problem, that is what I believe, its a Thor issue but in reality it is my problem. La Tortuga II is still under Warranty.

It goes back to the dealer on 03 June.

Any thoughts?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum