Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 02:20 PM   #1
drzoomin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Idaho
THOR #15465
Another Furnace problem

First post here Did a lot of searching and can't find a solution (I think), but have a few more questions. I just bought my 2016 ACE 30.2 from a used dealership that really specializes in boats, so their help has been minimal at best. Went on my first camping trip this past week and now onto my problem.

I started the furnace for the first time while camping this past weekend. Worked awesomely (is that a word), and then turned down the heat and went to bed. Woke up to a blaring fan in the bathroom that appears to be blowing air out. Never noticed a fan like this before. (came from a 2009 class C motorhome for four years) See pic below:

Tried the heat and nothing. Went to the back panel and hit the off/reset button. Fan came on in the furnace blowing air out of the the exhaust, but then would shut down after twenty seconds. The fan in the bathroom would remain on as well and will forever stay off till the heat is turned off. Looked at the LED light and I get the one light every three second message (No air flow/limit switch). Inspected the sail switch and appears spotless.

So what is next - limit switch then??? How often does a limit switch go bad? the heater worked once and heated great for about ten minutes till I turned it down and went to bed and have had nothing since then.

A few more interesting things: I plugged it into shore power right around that time I turned down the heat. Checked fuses and all intact at the panel under the bed. Is there another one I can check?

Also...all other appliances seem to be working great. Fridge, stove, etc. That use propane.

I don't think I can hear it try to ignite like I can when the fridge starts, so I don't think it is even sparking in there. Don't smell propane either.

Any ideas out there???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1139.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	17726  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum