Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 10:55 PM   #28
Sweetbriar

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31D
State: Virginia
THOR #5638
I DIY a single pump, manual, 12K lbs Quadra system. Pay a Craigslist mobile welder $100 to weld the jack and pump mounts then got to work. Took a couple of cold February after work evenings but well worth it. I went with Quadra rather than HWH for the power retract rather than spring retract. Might be a little slower but not much in a camp site that can hold against the pull of 12,000 lbs. I think my final cost wa a bit under $3K back in 2013.

Manual leveling is pretty simple. First level front the back THEN side to side. Jack only work in pairs so I'll set the front or back whichever is the high end then raise the low end to level. Then raise which ever side is low. And done.

Only had one problem so far with a leaking solenoid. Took the suspect o-rings to NAPA and $1.50 later leak was fixed. And only fill the oil tank with the jacks retracted.

If you look closely at the pump there is a switch on the left side. It's an override all jacks retract. As long as you have 12VDC the switch will set all the solenoids for retract and turn the pump on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00775.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	17742   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00045.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	17744  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00052.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	17745  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum