Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 11:49 AM   #5
MRichaud

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
State: Tennessee
THOR #14508
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
If that is an ACE 29.3 I believe it is on the F-53 chassis, not the E-450. The F53 Ford V-10 puts out 320 HP as opposed to the E450 at 305 HP. Also the F53 V-10 puts out 460 foot pounds of torque as opposed to the E450 at 420 ft lbs. Not a huge difference but a little more giddy up and a little more grunt from the F53. I have no doubt the E450 can do the job. How much does the Colorado weigh? We tow a Trailhawk with our F53 ACE 27.2 curb weight on the Trailhawk is 4200. GCWR the combined weight of the loaded motorhome and the tow on our 27.2 is 23000 lbs. We are well within that range. Where it gets close for us in the GVWR (he weight of fully loaded motorhome)at 16000 lbs. When fully loaded we are close to the max GVWR. The GVWR ( loaded weight of the motorhome)and the GCWR (weght of your tow vehicle)are the numbers that you should be concerned with regardless of whether the E450 has the stones to pull the truck.
Mark

OOPS! Of course, you're correct. You'll have to excuse me - we're camping this week with our two grandsons, ages 5 & 7. Afraid they've rattled my noggin a tad! Only one more day - YAY!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum