Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 06:56 PM   #11
TimmyB

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
State: Florida
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I went with a TST system a few years ago, so different brand...but the sensor are all more or less the same.

I started with flow through sensors. Didn't like them, had problems....bu they have a set screw that can be tightened to deter theft. I never even tried...no I take that back, I did it once.
Eventually I started replacing bad sensors with their cap style which is more like what you see with every other brand. I removed the locking cap before I even installed them the first time. It hasn't been an issue....knock on wood

and I have the hardwired progressive industries power monitor...glad I have it.
The hughes auto former sure looks like it would be great...my Progressive has cut me off due to low voltage a small number of times...and as I understand it those things are heavy. I don't have the room or carrying capacity for one... but if I did I'd hardwired it inside the rig. My understanding is that some parks don't like them...and even if there's no rule about it, I wouldn't want it outside to draw attention....not from a theft perspective so much, but from a misunderstanding and "too many questions" perspective.
Honestly though, low voltage hasn't been a problem enough for me to warrant one...
OK, you and a thousand others that I seem to have read that don't like the flow-through design! I'll probably steer away from those.

I have the Hughes on order and it's coming in with the hardwire kit, but I can have that installed later.

Thanks.

t

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.