Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 11:37 PM   #1
MJC62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
CHF may be cheap, but it's painful......

So today with dry, emphasis on dry, cool weather, today I climbed under the ACE to do that Cheap Handling Fix all you boys and girls on the I-net are raving about. First I would like to say the "fix" sure ain't no one hour job, at least not on my ACE. Took this fat old fart nearly half an hour just to wiggle underneath the coach! My particular Ace the bolt holes on the upper mounting line up exactly with the leaf spring. The bolts have to go in with the head on the outside (leaf side) of the bar as this is where the countersunk indent is. If you reverse the bolts and put the nut in the countersunk end the extended end of the bolt MAY contact the spring when the axle assembly flex's laterally. Well after much coaxing,lifting the frame to flex the springs, bottle jack under the sway bar, several Dark Blue comments and a bit of persuasion with a 2 lb hammer, we got err done. Add one torn up knuckle, one skinned up elbow, a gash in the forehead and a half pint of blood to the front install. After all that, full of dread, armed with an old hard hat and Kevlar gloves I decided to tackle the rear as well. As Gomer Pyle said "Surprise surprise, surprise," the rear went smooth as a baby's behind. The CHF is done! We are heading out for the weekend I really hope I see a difference! This mod is Cheap, but in my case very Painful...……..

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum