Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Avm111nav
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 05:41 PM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, not sure I caught your meaning but I assume that you are saying the GPS is not working? GPS uses GPS satellite connections which are line of sight from your GPS antenna to the various satellites it can communicate with in space. So basically line of sight means no obstructions (like trees, mountains, and typically the RV roof (if the antenna is inside). So folks with satellite TV; satellite radio and GPS devices typically request camp sites with no trees or other potential sky/satellite obstructions. Not sure if this is what you were asking.

I use a satellite radio occasionally and tried to mount it in the fiberglass nose cone of my ACE years ago......not great, but it made sure the drop bed system worked at least. I found mounting the satellite radio antenna on an aluminum pie plate (use a tin can lid behind the pie plate for the antenna magnet to stick to) sitting on the passenger dash worked pretty well in lieue of mounting an antenna on the roof exterior. I guess that does not help your GPS situation though.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum