Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 10:27 PM   #20
HaRVey

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
I can see where optimizing performance for a specific set of circumstances could yield an improvement. my impression, based on fact adding 5,000 open racecar trailer not having impact on Vegas mileage tells me Ford has programmed to operate over wide range of circumstances.

I considered it but for the 3 years of living with factory tune, I have no real complaints. Maybe I could pickup a little performance/MPG under a given set of cicumstances but given the wide range of loading, why bother.

I do not see any significant return on investment or any correction of something that bothers me. I hear people complain/express concern about high RPM operation. Is nothing compared to my stock block chevy small block going downtrack over 7,200 rpm.

Just do not see enough of a benefit to it. If my loading was identical, maybe. Since it is not, not worth considering for me anyway.
Absolutely correct that I can't speak to every RV, combined weight or environment performance which is precisely why Ford left so much potential untapped, and also a primary reason 5-Star only optimized for 87 octane fuel and not premium...
I suspect 5-Star could provide specific feedback to anyone cared to inquire about their specific RV and usage.
If you're happy with yours the way it is, congratulations!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.