Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
Fish and Dear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramar View Post
After driving a few new motorhomes with the idea of maybe upgrading from our 2017 Freedom Elite, I was really impressed with the outside mirrors that had the large convex mirrors rather than the small corner mirrors that came stock on our Class "C". We decided to not go into another large debt with a new unit and improve on ours instead. Mirrors were on the list and after numerous searches we found the cheapest price for "Velvac" mirrors on the "Zorro Parts Site". The mirrors are pretty much an exact replacement except they are black instead of the stock white and about 2" taller. The biggest advantage is that they have a separate adjustable convex mirror that is 4" in height and 9" wide vs the stock 3 1/2 corner mirror on the stock units. Driving with these mirrors is like night vs day and are as good as the mirrors on the units I drove over the road. The cost was almost $250 with tax, and shipping but because I searched the web site, the cost dropped to $200, because of free shipping for first time buyer and 15% off to sign up on their web site. Because of the two discounts, the price was cheaper then the total cost of the two mirrors alone. just a tip if you are in the market for mirror replacements.
Have fun doing your mods and welcome.
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.