Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #14
Tom N3EQF

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
A question for those more adventuresome than I...has anyone climbed up on the roof and looked under the AC cover to see if the condensation just drip off the coils onto the roof or is there some sort of collector tube/ledge that leads the condensation out from under the AC cover? I understand that once it drips off the coils and hits the roof it's all headed downhill from there.

Doc
There is a pan that is part of the AC that collects the condensation from the coils. It's generally just about an inch or so above the roof. On each side of the pan there are holes where the water drips out of the pan and onto the roof. So, depending on the tilt of your RV the water will run across the roof and down the sides.

Now, I don't recommend this for others AS I KNOW THE RISK. But, I ran flexible rubber tubing (as in aquarium air line) from the pan hole to the edge of the roof. At least with this method I can determine where the water drips.

Of course, the risk is if the tubing becomes clogged the pan will overflow instead of draining. No doubt this would lead to water leaking around the AC shroud and into the RV (as would happen if the pan overflows for any reason). I check it very often!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.