Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 09:38 PM   #4
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by frschof View Post
Excellent point on the cost. Will check on both the FLA and AGM. Can you cable two 12 v or does it have to be 6 if you hook them up in series. Any other specs I need to consider when selecting either FLA or AGM (voltate 6 or 12) tks again. My son works at autozone and has a discount. Might go there to purchase. Nothing special with the battery just a 12 or 6 car battery will do right. Sorry novice with batteries. tks again
Goodness gracious, we need to back up a bit. Short answer is NO, you can't just use any battery. Well you can, but the wrong type of battery won't perform correctly and won't last very long either.

If you go with FLA, it (they) need to be Deep Cycle batteries. Deep Cycle batteries are designed to be regularly deeply discharged using most of its capacity. A "starting battery" is designed to give the engine a lot of AMPs immediately, which is needed to start your engine.

Let me ask, what in the coach will be running on these battery's? Do you have an inverter too?
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.