Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 11:28 PM   #2
West

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
I own a 2016 30.2. I have a number problems but love the layout and will enjoy it more if the dealer can ever fix it right. I have fixed most of the items myself due to the dealers poor workmanship.

Make sure you tell them to include an alignment in the deal.
I don't know how tall you are but I'm 5'11 and it's a stretch to reach the gas pedal. Not to noticeable at first but makes my knee sore after a few hour drive if I don't use cruise control. The toilet is very high also. The earlier years of the 30.2 the toilet sat lower but the drain would frequently back up.

1. The rear fiberglass cap isn't attached well at the top and has left a hole between the cap and roof membrane. Waiting for dealer to fix.
2. Ladder screws broken and stripped out. Waiting for dealer to fix
3. Table when made into a bed broke in less than 5 min with only a small kid on it. The side ledgers only had 5 staples holding them on and only penetrated 1/4". Fixed myself
4.ceiling pieces over the fron bunk bed fell off. Fixed myself
5. Slide tracks stripped out within a few months after purchasing. Dealer fixed
6. The dog house was cut 1" to high on the drivers side and only had carpet blocking engine heat and noise. It was burning my foot on hot days until I fixed this my self.
7. The worst problem of all. The door would frequently get stuck and we would be locked out or depending on where we were. The opening was to tight. If we raised the jacks we could tweet the chassis enough to free the door. The dealer tried multiple times to fix it until I gave up and fixed it my self. My plan now is to make an emergency entrance hatch under the master bed into the storage compartment bellow incase I'm ever locked out again.
8. Wall paper coming off. Waiting on dealer to fix.
9. Compartment doors binding. Dealer replaced two doors. Still waiting for new stickers.
10. Driver and passenger window sills are over 1" short. They are extremely noisy. Specially at speeds over 65. Waiting on the dealer to fix.
11. Remote for the dash TV is missing. Dealer denies that there should be one but the owners manual says there should be. Dealer refuses to replace it. The factory radio doesn't work well with iPods at all so I will be switching to a Pioneer anyway.

There's more but this is all I can think of right now. My advice is go threw it extremely thoroughly and don't finish signing until it's all fixed. My dealers promises went right out the door. They kept reassuring me to just take it home and make my list and that was normal. My dealers repairs have been so bad that they have made many of the problems worse. I will never take delivery again until everything I can find is addressed. Thor does a horrible job at quality control but luckely so far all my problems are fixable. Thank god Ford built the chassis not Thor.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.