Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 12:45 PM   #21
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Well this has been a bit of a surprise LOL: Not a single comment about the Easy Start unit reducing the surge current at startup (and the noise).

Seems to me that is the biggest reason its difficult to run two A/Cs off 30 amps. I've been able to run the A/C in all our RV's off the 15 amp circuit (not all at once ) in the garage if I'm careful about what else is running on that circuit when the compressor kicks on. The Easy Start guy may fix that (and also kill the startup noise which my wife hates).

I should have been more direct with post #2. Sorry. However, your title was about running 2 A/Cs on 30 Amps, not about soft starters. Again, I apologize.

Soft start allows starting two larger A/Cs, but why would you want to on a rig small enough that it came from factory with a single 15,000? You might be able to get them started, but then there is so little power left you can’t do anything else.

If you settle for about 50% cooling capacity increase, then I’m not sure you need the soft start anyway, so why spend the money? Granted I had not considered the start-up noise which I often avoid by setting thermostat very cold so A/C doesn’t turn off.

Anyway, since no one had responded to thread, I shared news on additional Power Saver models because they may play a role in powering 2 A/Cs from 30A service.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum