Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 01:24 AM   #4
cramar

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #12702
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
In the 3rd picture, the indentations in the metal looks as though there were some pretty serious pressure/stress on that elbow, possible from flapping round in the wind or tight "tie down" with ground straps. Is it possible this joint/elbow was damaged or weakened as a result of this, contributing to the failure? Very creative repair, I might add!! Seems every time we log on, yet another item for the toolbox pops up.
The part is actually bent that way from the factory and even looks to be ground down as well because its a little thinner, I think the bend is so that the arm will rotate a little easier because the drilled hole is actually a little oblong for that rotation. I do not use tie downs and do not deploy when its windy. The part in my opinion is a design flaw and should have been made from solid stock, I am hopeful that by surrounding the pin hole with the solid steelstick that I will not have the problem again and will do the same type of repair on (as far as steelstick) the other arm as well

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum