Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 08:59 PM   #42
fox@srfox.net

Brand: DRV
Model: TK3
State: Georgia
THOR #15512
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
OK, admittedly I am new to this RV world. We are so excited by the journey we have begun, but in adding to the safety aspect of our vehicle (suspension, tires, power management), I keep getting this feeling of dread in spending three or four hundred dollars on something and then having it stolen while we were away from the campground! (I feel the same way about my bikes, but I'm working on those solutions.)

Here's where I am: I want to add a TPMS system. I think the EEZ Tire system looks like it fits my needs the best, but the others look decent as well. Do people mess with these? Do they see sensors on your valve stems and say, "Oh, there's a couple hundred bucks worth of sensors just lying there!"? Or, am I just paranoid about things that I shouldn't be?

Same with power management. I think we will be getting a Hughes Autoformer with Surge Protection. At $350, I'd hate to leave this on the pedestal with a flimsy little cable lock, but again, am I overly paranoid? (I do see that Hughes now has a hardwire option, and I would be very interested in that, but not sure how to get the wiring to run into one of my storage areas.)

Help ease my anxiety over the unknown, please!
We have a Progressive on the post and no one has messed with it in 5 years.
I like the external one in case you have to bypass it. (I have had to)
We have the Ezze Tire system and don't have the sensors locked on, same story, never a problem.
I would never leave home without either of them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.