Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 01:46 PM   #2
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrooney View Post
We just got out new to us 2016 Axis 25.2 home. Love it so far. I have a couple questions.

If I leave the battery disconnect in the store position will the batteries still charge when plugged into shore power and also while driving down the road?

If I leave the rig plugged in to shore power when the unit is stored will the on board charger shut off when the batteries are fully charged or does it keep charging? In other words does the charger act like a battery tender?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Kevin
Hi Kevin. Welcome to the family.

There are many posts & threads on this Forum regarding your question.
Learn to use the SEARCH function and you will find a wealth of info.

1) when in STORE mode, the batteries do not charge, even if plugged into 120v. There is no 12v power available from your house batteries when in the STORE mode .
Note: there is parasitic drain from your radio & CO2 detector. So, if kept in the STORE mode forever, your batteries will drain out. To eliminate battery drain, you need to install a manual disconnect at the house battery terminals
There’s really no reason to drive while in STORE mode. Your coach will drive, but nothing will work in the back.

2) when in USE mode, all 12v works properly. And when plugged into 120v your CONVERTER (on-board Charger) is designed to keep your batteries topped-off, like a battery tender. However, be aware that you need to check house battery water regularly or over-time the CONVERTER has been known to burn up your batteries

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.