Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 03:25 AM   #11
West

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkin View Post
I have a 2016 30.2 as well. I completely agree with West. Love the layout, but quality control is a bit lacking. I also have a rear cap gap, tight entry door, a loose compartment door, driver and passenger windowas that dont latch. The erear edge of the over cab bunk uses magnets to hold up the bunk. The magnets on mine are misaligned so they rattle on bumpy roads. I cant figure out how to adjust them.
The handling is so so. I added a safety plus stabilizer, and it helped a lot. Im going to put in a roadmaster anti sway bar in the rear as well.
One major problem (West take note). The door stop on my bathroom door was put in the wrong spot, and the door was allowed to swing open all the way into the bunk beds. I wasnt paying attention when I piulled in the slide, and it wedged the door and broke the doorframe. I was able to fix it temporarily until it goes to the dealer.
The dealer (Camping World in NH) is getting it in december and hopefully all will get fixed. That said, I really do like the ACE, enjoy the layout. I consider it a big stepmup from my class C. While there are a lot of small problems, they are liveable until the dealer gets to (hopefully) fix them.

One more thing about the radio. No speakers were put in the dash. It is hard to hear up front when driving unless the house speakers are really loud. I would see if the dealer can add them. I know there were some threads on this on the IRV2 forum.

Larry

It's funny you mentioned the bathroom door. My wife left the door open when sliding out the slide and the door knob hooked the wall and pulled the skin loose on it. Luckily she stopped quick. I was quite mad but held it in then what do you know next trip out I did the same thing. I put a small plastic shim on the wall so it can't hook onto it again. I've considered spring hinges just to add some extra security. My door stop does keep it from being crushed like you had happen.

On the radio I went to a local upholstery shop and he got me some material that matches the interior perfectly and some foam. I made a speaker box that sits under the driver and passenger sides that sit on the floor right to the walls and covered them with the material. Just cover the box with the foam then stretch and staple the material over it. Just staple in the back and under the speaker flange. They look factory when done. In your instruction manual there's two little metal tabs. You slide those in on the sides of the stereo then pull. It slides right out. There was extra speaker outputs on the back of it I was able to use.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum