Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 01:48 PM   #14
HaRVey

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDK View Post
Helpful info. Thank you. The 30 minute swap sounds wonderful. Correct to assume the MS2812 fit in the same spot and had same connections as ME2012? Even firefly system all worked fine by just disconnecting and reconnecting inverter wiring?
Yes, the MS2812 fits in exactly same spot, uses the same fasteners and exact same wiring.
The MS2812 insulation manual recommends adding a jumper wire from the used to unused (my Palazzo only uses one of the two available inverter circuits) hot and neutral 110 wiring lugs, but when I called Magnum, they said it's not nessesary, so I did not. And yes, everything worked perfectly afterwards without any changes and the Firefly panel reflected the new inverter model number.
I unplugged the coach, put it in Store mode, disconnected the Chassis batteries and disconnected the House batteries, all before swapping the inverter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.