Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #6
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Just finished mounting the controller and adding a 30A breaker for the battery side of the circuit. All done with the install.

I decided to use MC4 connectors on the power distribution bay where Thor terminated the solar prewiring. I also used a Renogy MC4 30A fuse for the solar side of the circuit.

All-in-all I am pleased with the install. It is clean and neat and you can’t even see the controller. I know I am losing some performance with my install but it is doing the job for me so far.

Haven’t needed air conditioning in the coach while working on this and other projects so I have not had the shore power plugged in at all and it’s keeping the batteries charged with the lights running and also charging the chassis battery.

Even on a cloudy and rainy day today it is giving the batteries 1.4 amps.

Now onto my next modification. I hate having to pull the shore power cable through the hole in the storage bin to plug in and feeding it back into the bin when leaving. Thor put a useless sewer hose storage pipe on the 29H next to the bin with the transfer switch and shore power cable. The opening is too small for a sewer hose with the connections so I already installed a Valterra hose carrier under the rig so I can keep the hose out of the storage bin.

I am going to install a 30A RV/Marine locking receptacle behind the door for Thor’s idea of sewer hose storage and connect it to the transfer switch and remove the factory cable. Then I’ll put a female locking plug on my shore power cable and when we get to camp I just need to pull the entire cable out of the storage bin and easily plug it into the coach and then the camp power without feed it in and out of the storage bin hole. I’ll post pics of that mod once I get it going

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3182.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	18125Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3181.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	363.0 KB
ID:	18126Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3191.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	332.3 KB
ID:	18127Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3195.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	315.1 KB
ID:	18128Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3194.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	18129Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3189.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	18130

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum