Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 06:21 PM   #4
IrnBear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Nevada
THOR #13593
Ok, Pics attached

Demco Baseplate purchased through E-Trailer
I wish I had taken pics, when I have the wind damn off again I will take pics
This model was for the Metal Bumper (forward thinking so when I upgrade bumper) this choice added some extra thinking and cutting that I did not expect. Easy to do, just wasn't expecting it

Ready Brute Elite purchase direct through NSA, came with the Demco adaptors
Towbar and Brake Combo
Very hefty and durable
Be aware it is not light, if need to remove from motorhome it is a bit heavy
Brake Cable was easy but a PIA due to the fact I have the 2.0L Turbo Engine and THERE IS NO ROOM IN THAT ENGINE SPACE TO GET MY ARMS IN.... Lucky my wife has small squishy hands and arms and has no problem helping.. Some problem following directions But she did great.
The end of the cable is in that hole in the middle of the ABS wind dam, the cable tube is bolted through the metal wind dam just behind the ABS dam.. Just need to pull the end out of the hole and connect. Not in use it sits inside the hole away from any potential snag while out wheeling

Emergency BrakeAway cable also installed, also needed Squishy hands to help me with this part of install
That is the Red Loop at driver side horn... All wire tied into place so as not to snag on anything

RoadMaster Universal Wiring Kit
The yellow silver elevtodes with blue wire connects
Not installed yet

Thats it for now
I'll share the test run results later..

last pic is we made it to Death Valley Furnace Creek for a potty stop and jeep was still connected
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DemcoBasePlate.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	18137   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6664.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	18138  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6663.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	18139   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E6669.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	18140  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum