Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 01:29 AM   #12
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
Very nice customizing there Judge!

The Valterra storage pipes would interfere with my sparer tire carrier underneath.

I like your idea on shore plug up too, it is such a PITA always kneeling down fishing the cable through that little round opening, especially after/during the rain, lol.
But it is what it is.

Question about the solar panels: Do they need to be kept clean to be efficient?

We live abutted to the Cherokee National Forest, every spring, we get 3 months of tree pollen that covers everything green.
I call it pine dander.
I know it would likely render the panels useless unless kept clean, and I am not that tall to clean them from an 8' ladder.

I suspect I will need to clean the panels once in a while to maintain max performance... at least as often as I clean the roof.... once or twice a year. I have read that they are somewhat self-cleaning and are very durable so I will have to see if they live up to the self-cleaning part. I also live in an area where there some pollen in the spring and a fair amount of dust.

I'll keep you posted on my shore power plug modification. I am going to start working on that tomorrow.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.