Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 01:41 AM   #5
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
This thread is a breath of fresh air.
Malcontent overtones seem to permeate just about every thread.
Thanks for starting this thread. I was beginning to believe that perhaps I was the only person on the site without ptsd inducing complaint about bent trim and and pump noise and such.

I too never had less than 9mpg, seldom touches 11mpg. I BEAT that engine. I was headed for a full-on perterbuilt custom build until I drove the 24.1. I didn't know rv's could actually do that sort of acceleration and speed and hill climbing. I was refusing to be that guy holding up traffic, so we were designing the peterbuilt. (a Pete because I couldn't find the old autocar 4x4 I wanted)
Owning this quite adequate little rv has given me a new disrespect for rv drivers. I guess they do own the road and expect a lot they didn't pay for.

I see my 24.1 as the IKEA type thing I paid for. I glue and paint and modify the ikea Coffee table until it's my own. I do the same to my 24.1 It runs as fast and quick and steady as if I had built that $390,000 Pete(with the same size coach). And it will be as fine as the custom Pete once I finish with the wonderful starter that this 24.1 is.
I knew the job was dangerous when I took it. My not paying attention before the close of the sale is not a fault I'd admit to.

Once again, thanks for the positive post.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.