Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 11:41 AM   #2
randyj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Aria 3601
State: Georgia
THOR #11333
This issue was discussed on a Facebook page: Thor Quantum Owners Group.
After reading that post, I inspected our 2017 Quantum KM24 and discovered the same problem.
A member of that Facebook group advised that he had used Liquid Nails, applied with a caulk gun to squirt the substance up into the areas of de-lamination, then clamped the leaves together and applied waterproofing.
I also squirted Liquid Nails and clamped together and applied a marine varnish once dry.
I also sealed with Gorilla Tape and then reattached the trim piece.
I did contact Thor when I discovered the issue on our coach and as it was still under warranty they agreed to repair the problem.
I have an appointment at the Factory Service Center in early October.
My fix was only temporary as we were preparing for our summer western RV odyssey and I could not get to the factory before departing.
So far it seems to be holding up but we have yet to encounter any heavy rains.
The worst damage was on the driver’s side but I did the repair to the passenger side as well.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum