Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 2015 Axis 24.1
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 10:32 PM   #12
AFirefighter

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Oregon
THOR #2865
Well it has been 10 days since I last updated you all on this. It was definitely the transfer switch. More precisely, loose connections in the wiring to the transfer switch. Causing the neutral wires to burn out. Fortunately there was no fire. Not good for a firefighter to have a fire. :-(

I'd like to know who the so-called "electrician" was that wired this in. ALL connections in the switch were loose. Doesn't appear to have ever been tightened down. Once the burned wiring was trimmed back to healthy wires and reattached to the switch, including tightened securely, all worked well again.

Thanks again for all your concern and input. Much appreciated. I look forward to sharing more positive reports in these forums.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum