Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 12:41 AM   #14
Cwray

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Illinois
THOR #12548
Are you still having the problem?

I had the same thing happen. It’s been discussed in another thread. I found that disconnecting the white plugs from the controller does not make much of a difference in resistance that the motors put onto the tracks when you try pushing it in manually. When I talked about this to an RV tech at the dealer, he agreed.

For me this problem of not being able to retract the slide created a critical situation. The “measure of last resort” is to loosen/remove the top-most outside screw on each motor and then peel back the rubber sealing strip (either inside or outside) and then pop the motor up about a half an inch. You’ll then be able to push your slide back in. You’ll most likely then need to brace it from the inside to keep it from sliding out while you drive back to the dealer to have them figure out what went wrong and reinstall the motors.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum