Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Quantum Owners
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 09:28 PM   #86
trevorsok

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #15343
Things we found wrong

Here is what we fund during delivery
1. Refrigerator Door is dented and they will replace (ordered and it came in taking it this weekend to get it put on)

Here is what we found when we got home
1. The HDMI Cable from the Sony DVD to the 40" TV is bad, it causes the TV to flash and put a static flash every few seconds. (tried a different HDMI and worked fine) I have to have them replace since it is routed into the RV to somewhere....
2. USB in back Bedroom doesn't work, took plate off, red wire not connected, (thick to thin wire and crimp was bad), replaced myself with solderless connection.
3. A/C above front cab over bed is hardly blowing. They are going to check it
4. Auto Leveling is not programmed into Rapid Camp (they are going to fix. I think the relay needs to be connected to the right piece in the electrical box)

Here is what we learned in two Trips, Highland Hammocks State Park, Florida and Savannah GA, Savannah Oaks RV Park.

1.The Sewer Door is mounted wrong (personal preference) but I open the door DOWN, take the compartment cap off the bottom from inside, open the Drain Cap, Twist the drain down, CLOSE THE DOOR attach the sewer Line, OPEN THE DOOR, then pull Black/Gray lever. (maybe it is fine, makes you do certain things prior to opening the levers BUT )
2. The TVs are not very good, very bad sound. Going to replace with Smart UHDs for about $125/32" and $150/40" (Black Friday here we come)
3. The Sound Bar outside is very cheap, not very loud and bad sound, going to replace with a Bose $199 ( I have the 500 and 700 models and they are excellent, WON'T have the Radio but oh well)
4. The Hot water Heater. Maybe I just don't know what I am doing. I turn it on in the bathroom, I turn the water on and it runs hot, then cold, then hot, then cold.
5. The Stove Gas burners, you need to wait about 5 minutes after you turn on the gas to try to light, the gas is low pressure and takes a while to get to the burner to lite.
6. The Electric Burner is induction and a nice safety feature but made it hard for the wife to find those perfect pans/style she wanted. LOL
7. The 28 Gal, Black and Gray water Tanks are very small, if you have no sewer hookup, they fill very fast.
8. I forgot to use the Black/Gray Tank Flush connection in the sewer compartment will have to use it next time.
9. The Auto Leveling Jacks have a built in safety feature. If you have everything disconnected, water/power/sewer, you slide in, your wheel chocks pulled and you are ready to leave and start your motor. As soon as you put it in DRIVE the Auto Leveling System will come on and cause an awful jerk when they start to Retract. Don’t ask me how I learned this.
10. The TVs each individually need to be autoprogrammed if trying to access over the air channels.
11. The outside Shower compartment only has a lock, if you put the shower head in it and wrap the hose in around the hot and cold knobs, and do not lock the compartment. You will probably see the shower head dragging along on the road out your driver side mirror. Again, don’t ask me how I know this.
12. The Skylights in the living area, and the upper bunk are fantastic if you need light but not so fantastic if you are trying to sleep and sun barely hits them and lights up the entire RV
13. The Door to the RV needs to be persuaded to shut. You can’t be gentle you have to show it who’s boss.
14. Once Auto Leveled the RV can be quite HIGH, we ended up buying a small aluminum step ($39) on Amazon, vs. ($89) Camping world. But the little locking pins are cheap. But it’s a step and it works well for stepping on.
15. The Propane Quick Connect is low pressure, so it cannot be used on a regular grill, or If you buy one and want to use a quick connect hose. You will need an adapter to connect to your grill. BTW do you know what adapter might connect to a Coleman Roadtrip Grill…..asking for a friend.
16. If you are sweeping and you hit your autostart system near the floor and the door, you may turn the switch on and your generator will start randomly……..if you don’t know you hit this switch you will be puzzeled for a while (BTW, the switch is a three position switch and the middle position is OFF)
17. We went to Walmart and bought 8 dime sized Velcro stickers (front/back) and we stuck them to each of the bottom bars of the window shades and then pulled them all the way shut and put the other sticker on the black window frame. This keeps the window shades from BANGING and BANGING and BANGING for 600 miles. (personal preference but much more peaceful)
18. We would prefer the outside window cover for the front windo as opposed to the inside cover. (personal preference)
19. We bought the Refrigerator cross bars on Amazon for about $4.40 each and it keeps our food/drinks/etc from falling out.

I’m sure we will learn more and our next trip is to Red Coconut Rv Resort in Ft. Meyers, FL.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.