Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
Florida Fireman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #15703
Smile New to the Forum/2014 Chateau

Hello to everyone!! First time posting and newbie in the Thor World. My wife and I recently got a 2014 Chateau 31l and we are excited to take her on our maiden voyage to the Keys in a couple of weeks. I've read through several of the threads and can't seem to locate some answers. So forgive me if this has been discussed and resolved, but any help would be appreciated.

1. Electric hot water switch/control- Works fine on the gas side, nothing on the electric side. Pulled the panel and everything looks to be connected. Inside the hot water side compartment, everything looks ok too. Was thinking a new element??

2. Inverter- So the switch isn't labeled, but when it is flipped, I hear a click from the master bedroom under the bed pedestal. One weird thing that always happens is the radio/navigation in the driver area is somehow connected to this switch. One direction and the radio doesn't work, switched the other direction, it comes on. This is the same with the truck running or not. So, I'm lost as to the function of the inverter, and when should it be utilized. Perhaps this would be affecting the electric hot water switch??

Looking forward to many years of travel with our Thor Chateau! We can't wait to get her in the wind.

Greg

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.