Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #12
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
Thank you guys for the replies.

CWray, yours seems spot on.

Thor has seemed ready to help where they can. I was asking them about a part that was missing because I wanted to just order it on my own real quick. Then asked about what my dealer had on order.

They have:

1) AC switches on order (don't need)
2) Step well light on order (don't need)
3) Radio (hey I do need this)

Dealer's initials are RV1 and after my new list I gave them, they need to add a few more parts.

I have learned a lot about the rig.

Just yesterday I was about to pick it up for the kingpin issue. Ford dealer said the bolt was just loose and not cross-threaded. I'm going to take it back to the other party to install a steering stabilizer. Was thinking about doing it myself but am running out of time. They can also take a look at Ford's work and tell me if they just put an impact on that nut.

The Ford dealer did an oil change and aligned the vehicle. I told them, "this might be a stupid question, but you're going to center the wheel, right?" when I dropped it off. They said yes. I got down the road and turned around because it is off. The same amount it was from the fatory. Also noticed they did the opposite of what I asked. When I first went to get it aligned at another place they did the front sway bar CHF. I asked the Ford dealership if the rear was adjustable and if they could do that. They actually reversed the front one and put it back to normal and didn't touch the rear one. Before picking it up I asked if the rear had been looked at and they said they didn't think it is adjustable. I looked and it appears that you could reverse the bracket and put the back on a harder setting too.

Now they're going to get the wheel back to center and look at both sways again.

Sometime between now and Saturday morning (out of town Monday / Tuesday and have an appointment for the steering stabilizer on Wed or Thurs) I have to change the oil in the generator. During the transfer of the unit from Florida to Iowa or when it was sitting on the lot they managed to put about 39 hours or so on the generator. Unknown to me at the time, this had already put us over the recommended service interval for the generator .

Still having fun, but a little worried this is going to add some stress to my life here and there .
FYI, there has been much discussion on the later F53 chassis and the centering of the steering wheel. Some say that it can be easily centered by taking apart the steering box and rotating one or two splines over. My shop and other sources say that the later chassis design makes this almost impossible, if not impossible to center the steering wheel. I opted to have an "adjustable drag link" installed. It makes future adjustments on the steering wheel a piece of cake for an alignment shop.

https://www.motorhome.com/motorhomes...t-as-an-arrow/

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum