Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 12:27 AM   #2
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
I had a 2015 Mini Cooper S (automatic) that we dolly towed for a couple of years before moving to a Jeep Cherokee we could tow 4 down. (I miss Mini but DW was done with loading and unloading the dolly)

The only issue I had was that about half the time after pulling it off the dolly it would throw up errors such as ABS Trouble, Engine Trouble and a few other scary messages. They would automatically clear after driving a mile or so. Eventually I tracked it down to the steering wheel not being fully secured (the dolly we used had a turntable). Once I got a better strap to secure the steering wheel, the errors never occurred again.

I mentioned it to my Mini dealer and was told "Don't mentions that to us again, especially if you are in for warranty work". The service rep said they don't support towing, even though the manual said only to tow with the front wheels off the ground.

Having said that, there are tons of people towing Mini's both on dollies (automatic) and 4 down (manual). I believe that Blue Ox sells baseplates for Mini's. The main thing is to never tell Mini that you have been towing. They seemed rather cool about it and had the attitude of don't ask, don't tell.
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum