Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: CHF F53 Ford
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 12:51 AM   #32
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by analoguy View Post
On my Miramar, I did the CHF recently and it did provide more stability. I'll have a better opinion after a few more miles. This is also with a Saftey Steer stabilizer previously added. They both helped on the handling.

By the way, anyone can comment: I did the CHF on the front only, but it is not clear if some people are doing it on front and rear. Comments anybody?

Jim

Getting ready for my current 7,000 mile western trip I finally got around to putting my Roadmaster steering stabilizer on (salvaged from the RV I traded in - same F53 chassis). Also did the CHF because it gets rave reviews and is, after all “C”. Did front and rear after I found one of the rear sway bar brackets to be broken and missing so might as well do the CHF on it while it was apart. Then, on a whim, I bought and installed front Sumo Springs. Lastly I did the 5 Star tune on my 2015 chassis with the 5 speed transmission. I wasn’t really unhappy with the driving or handling of my rig before the changes except for the ECUs transmission shifting map. I’ve since put about 3,000 miles on the rig, most of it in windy and mountainous roads, and I’m pretty happy. None of it is magic and it’s still going to handle like a truck but it has never felt unsafe or scary even in the 50mph gusts accompanying a Montana wind alert. The 5 Star has given me the happiest result. There is still a bewildering tendency to downshift directly to third gear (5 speed transmission) when fourth can handle the hill while using the cruise control but it’s easy to get it into fourth with your foot before it downshifts itself. On most of the mountains I drive manually anyway.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.