Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 02:54 AM   #20
gator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #2830
I agree completely with the reply about dipsticks. They are inaccurate and a slight length difference in the dipstick and tube will have different readings. If you are concerned with a half qt. difference in an engine this size, better to have the half qt. a little high than low. Mine calls for 7 quarts with filter change and that is what I put in. I've never concerned myself with a high dipstick reading with any engine I've ever owned and I've never blown an engine because of too much oil. You should be more concerned with not enough. It costs me $25 and 15 minutes to perform this oil change instead of leaving the RV for an entire day and spending over $100. They price themselves right out of a job.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum