Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 11:35 PM   #1
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
FL to MD, VA, DE, and PA

Well we are home in Tampa after a 3 week trip to visit our son in MD, daughter in VA, and friends in PA. The Vegas performed great. The wife has been constantly reorganizing and rearranging things in the Vegas and we about have it tweaked for maximum efficiency.

We traveled 2603.8 miles and used 254.15 gals of fuel. MPG was 10.24 for the whole trip. That includes about 2 hours of running the generator when we overnighted in rest areas in SC, GA, and DE.

We decided we won't put the table up in the living room since it is just my wife and I. The side table between the driver's and passenger captain chair is just right for the two of us when we eat or have coffee. The large table made the living room seemed cramped, and my wife has the boxed and canned food in the storage above the couch. With the table up, it was too much of a stretch for us "altitudinally challenged" people to reach the food.

Biggest gripe -- the windshield wiper switch. What a hair brained design and placement that is. I'm 5'4" and the switch is just out of reach of my left arm when fully extended. I have to bend each time I operate the switch. Coming home we hit bad weather from southern NC all the way to the FL/GA border. It wasn't raining per se -- it was more substantial than mist but not quite rain. I must have turned the darn wipers on and off a thousand time. I actually have pain in my back and my neck muscles are on fire from constantly leaning to operate the wipers.

Did the Ford chassis come to Thor with the wiper stem fully functional? If so, why did Thor disable the wiper stalk for that switch? And why didn't they place it above and to the right of the a/c duct to the driver's left where it would be more easy to reach. A good deal of the rainy driving was at night and I can't begin to tell you how many times I stuck my fingers in the a/c duct grasping in the dark for the wiper switch.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum